Home School Community Liaison Scheme
Home School Community Liaison Coordinator
Ms. Anne Foy is our Home School Community Liaison Coordinator. Anne’s role is to promote healthy partnership and effective collaboration between home, school and the community. In her role she endeavours to ensure that every child participates fully in the education system.
The aims of the liaison scheme are:-
- To maximise active participation of the children in the school, in the learning process, in particular those who might be at risk of failure.
- To promote active co-operation between home, school and relevant community agencies in an effort to promote the educational interests of the children.
- To raise awareness in parents of their own capacities to enhance their children’s educational progress and to assist them in developing relevant skills.
- To enhance the children’s uptake from education.
- To ensure their retention in the educational system and to promote their continuation to post-compulsory education and to third level.
- To disseminate the positive outcomes of the scheme throughout the school system.
The HSCL scheme recognises parents as the primary educators of their children. We welcome and encourage the involvement of parents in all aspects of school life. Our HSCL coordinator is there to support and empower you, the parent, and assist you in your role as parent and educator.
If you have any concerns about your child’s education or welfare please don’t hesitate to call into our school to meet Ms Foy or call her on 0877473114
Classes are organised for parents in our school and in other venues in Athy. Once 8-10 people are interested, classes can be organised in a variety of areas including:
- English for non-English speaking parents
- Parenting Programmes
Anne is always looking to involve parents/grandparents in a variety of aspects of school life. She will be looking for assistance with maths games, reading initiatives, science programmes, and many other activities during the year.
Ms. Foy can be contacted at 087 7473114 if you are interested in joining a course or have any concerns.