Home School Community Liaison Scheme
Mr John Joe Costigan is our Home School Community Liaison Coordinator.
John Joe’s role is to promote healthy partnership and effective collaboration between home, school and the community. In his role, he endeavours to ensure that every child participates fully in the education system
The aims of the scheme are:
- To maximise active participation of the children in the school, in the learning process, in particular those who might be at risk of failure.
- To promote active co-operation between home, school and relevant community agencies in an effort to promote the educational interests of children.
- To raise awareness in parents of their own capacities to enhance their children’s educational progress and to assist them in developing relevant skills.
- To enhance the children’s uptake from education.
- To ensure their retention in the educational system and to promote their continuation to post-compulsory education and to third level.
- To disseminate the positive outcomes of the scheme throughout the school system.
The HSCL scheme recognises parents as the primary educators of their children. We welcome and encourage the involvement of parents in all aspects of school life. Our HSCL coordinator is there to support and empower you, the parent and assist you in your role as parent and educator.
If you have any concerns about your child’s education or welfare, please don’t hesitate to call into our school to meet Mr Costigan or call him on 087-7473114 or email email@example.com