practical suggestions for Parents
- Set suitable times for doing homework, taking account of other needs such as recreation and family circumstances.
- Set aside a reasonable amount of time (see guidelines below).
- Make sure the child has the proper physical conditions for doing homework.
- Make an appointment with your child’s teacher if your child is having regular difficulties with his/her homework.
general guidelines for time spent on homework
It is important that neither the child not the parent finds homework to be a traumatic experience. Homework is allocated Monday to Thursday.
- Junior Infants 15-20 minutes
- Senior Infants 15-20 minutes
- 1st Class 15-20 minutes
- 2nd Class 20-30 minutes
- 3rd Class 30-40 minutes
- 4th Class 40-50 minutes
- 5th Class 50-55 minutes
- 6th Class Up to 60 minutes